Frequently asked questions
Resolve any questions you may have before your visit to the San Mamés Tour and Museum
- What difference is there between a guided tour and an audio-guided one?
A guided tour involves joining an organised group with a guide to show you around the ground, answering any questions you may have at any time. The tour lasts around 45 minutes and capacity is limited.
An audio-guided tour means you are on your own, using a link or QR code on your mobile phone to receive audiovisual explanations during the visit.
- If I have booked a guided tour, when do I have to arrive at the museum?
The guided tour starts at the time you have booked.
You may visit the museum before or after the tour, but please bear in mind its closing time.
If you plan to come directly in time for the tour, we recommend arriving ten minutes before the appointed time.
- Where can I buy tickets?
You can buy tickets in person at the museum’s ticket office or online at this link:
- Is the price of the ticket different if I buy through the website instead of buying tickets at the ticket office?
Each ticket bought online incurs a management fee of €1.50.
- Do I need to book in advance?
There is no need, unless you want to book a guided tour, as in this case there are a limited number of places and restricted capacity.
- Is it possible to buy a ticket at the ticket office on the day of the visit?
Yes, all tickets can be purchased at the box-office.
In the case of guided tours, box-office sales will depend on the capacity available at the time of the visit.
- In which languages is the tour offered?
Audio-guided tours are available in Basque, Spanish, English and French.
Guided tours are held in Basque, Spanish and English.
Private guided tours can also be arranged in French.
- Can I take photos or videos in the museum?
Photos are permitted inside the museum (no flash) and within the stadium, as well as short recordings for private use. No recording may be made of the explanations provided on guided tours.
- How much time does it take to see the museum and to tour the stadium?
There is no time limit on visits to the museum, so you may stay as long as you like. Estimated time: 45 minutes.
The length of audio-guided tours will depend on each visitor, as there is no time limit. Estimated time: 45 minutes.
Guided tours last about 45 minutes.
- What time do we have to be at the museum? Is the time shown on the website when we buy tickets the time of entry to the museum or the time of the tour?
The time that appears at the time of booking is the start time of the tour. It is recommended that you arrive at the museum 1 hour before the time reserved for the San Mamés Tour if you have selected the last tour of the day (7:15 pm), as after that time you will not be able to visit the museum again.
You can return to the museum after the San Mamés tour, except for the last tour of the day.
- How many people can take the guided tour at a time? Is there a minimum or maximum number for the tour?
There is no minimum number of attendees for tours.
- Is the tour always guided or is there the possibility of audio guides?
Stadium tours may be guided (subject to capacity) or audio-guided.
- Do I get any benefits from being a member? Do I need to present my membership card on the day of the tour or carry my ID card? If the member is under 14 years of age, how do I book his or her ticket?
Full members get a reduction on the ticket price. Membership will be checked on the day of the tour by means of your membership card or ID card Tickets for members under 14 years of age can be booked via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 944 66 11 00.
- Is there a student/youth card discount?
We do not have student or youth card discounts.
- How do I book tickets for children under 5 years of age?
- At what age do children have to pay?
Children from the age of 6 must buy a ticket. Children under the age of 6, and Club Athletic members and card holders (both under the age of 14) have free entry.
- Can children visit the museum by themselves?
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- How can I buy tickets if I have functional diversity? Do I need to present accreditation?
Tickets for people with functional diversity can be booked via our e-mail address email@example.com or by phone on 944 66 11 00. For more information, please refer to the practical information section in the section on accessibility.
- Is the museum route accessible for people with reduced mobility? Are there wheelchairs for the disabled or crutches?
Yes, the museum is accessible. For more information, please refer to the practical information section in the section on accessibility.
- Are the museum and the tour adapted for people with visual or auditory functional diversity?
The museum has sections with audios and subtitles in 3 languages.
- What are the museum’s opening hours?
Tuesday to Sunday.
Summer (from March to October): from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Winter (from November to February): from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
* Opening hours and tours may be subject to change on match days, closed training sessions or other events at San Mamés.
- Is it possible to eat at the stadium?
There are two possibilities: The ‘La Campa de los Ingleses’ tavern and ‘San Mamés Jatetxea’ Restaurant.
- How can I buy tickets if I am a member of a supporters’ club? Do I have to provide proof?
Tickets for member of a supporters’ club can be booked via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 944 66 11 00. The reduced rate will be applied as long as the member of a supporters’ club is registered as such with the club.
- How can we book as a group of members of a supporters’ club?
You can find out about group visits via this link.
- We are a group. How can we do the tour?
Visit the section on groups.
- How many people are considered a group?
Visit the page on groups. You can find out about group visits via this link.
- Can birthdays be celebrated at the museum?
Group visits for birthdays are the same as normal visits. There are no specific visits for celebrating birthdays.
- We are an educational centre
Visit the section on educational centres.
- Is there a special price for schools? What do we need to do? What content is on offer?
Visit the section on the educational programme.
- How to contact the museum
- Is there a locker to leave suitcases or baby buggies?
You can leave suitcases/backpacks and baby buggies. The museum does not have a cloakroom service.
- Can I bring a pet in?
It is not possible to access with animals.
- Where is the museum located? How do I get to the museum? Is there public transport nearby?
The Athletic Club Museum is located in the San Mamés stadium between gates 19 and 20. You can get there in different ways. Visit the section on how to get there.
Prepare your visit