Remember what you are, teach what you love
An exhilarating journey through the history of a club with a unique philosophy.Find out more
What is the museum like on the inside?
Find out more about the itinerary and sections in the museum
- Origins Learn about Bilbao and Bizkaia in 1898, the year the club was founded, and its evolution over the years.
- Timeline A chronological journey through the history of Athletic. A contextualised tour with objects and images of the club and the world.
- The wooden stand Sit down in an old San Mamés stand and enjoy an audio-visual presentation on the hundred year history of the club.
- Red zone: the cornerstones of the club Discover the values on which Athletic Club is based as an institution with its male and female players as protagonists, together with a list of awards for the men's and women's football teams.
- Trophy Room The representation of the club's achievements. The club's Sancta Sanctorum, which holds all of its official titles.
- Green zone: the grand audio-visual area Enjoy an immersive experience. A 102-screen video wall, the largest in Europe, where you can feel the roar of San Mamés, the unique symbiosis between region, stand and team.
- Children's play area Learn by playing with activities for all ages. Replay goals, choose your all-time red and white team and check out their value, do a quiz and try to score a goal against Iribar: the best goalkeeper in the world.
- San Mamés More than a century of football on the same site. Take a trip through the 100 years of life of the old San Mamés and discover how unique the current ground is.
- The members An area dedicated to the more than one hundred thousand members that Athletic has had since its foundation in 1898.
A museum that goes beyond just the club’s history
- Athletic’s history through 1000 original objects.
- The context in which the club came into being in 19th century Bilbao.
- The oldest garments in Spanish football.
- The first official trophies in state football.
- The evolution of San Mamés.
- The importance of the youth academy.
- The commitment to women’s football.
- How Athletic’s supporters live and feel.
- 8 La Liga
- 24 Copa
- 3 Supercopa
- 18 Regional
- 5 La Liga
Find out more about a club with its own name
AC Museoa brings together content and technology to tell the story of a hundred year old tradition.
It is a state-of-the-art museum with a high degree of interactivity that houses the more than 100 years of the club’s history. There is a large area of 1,400 m² where you can explore the uniqueness of Athletic, relive its exploits and immerse yourself in the red and white history.
- EMYA museum
awards finalist (2020)
Prepare your visit