San Mames kicks off the sports year in style with a derby. This Saturday, Athletic Club will host Real Sociedad (18:30) in a duel between the two teams in the European positions in LaLiga. Here are some of the events taking place in Bilbao over the weekend (12-14 January).
Events in Bilbao from 12th to 14th January 2024
This Saturday, La Catedral will be dressed in zurigorri (red & white) to help push the Lions to victory against Real Sociedad. If you still don’t have your red and white items to go and cheer on Athletic Club, you can choose many from any of our four official shops. You can also purchase them in our online store.
Also, if you really want to experience the derby in a unique way, get your San Mames VIP Area ticket, which includes:
- Privileged location inside the stadium.
- Exclusive gastronomic service included with our selection of Michelin-starred chefs. Andra Mari, Azurmendi, Eneko, Boroa, Etxanobe, Garena, Nerua Guggenheim Bilbao, Zarate and Zortziko are the Bizkaian restaurants in charge of cooking every match day.
- Access from an hour and a half before to an hour after the match.
- Access to the entire central ring shared by boxes, VIP subscribers and Matchday Experience tickets. We have created a meeting area to make the experience exceptional. You will enjoy personalised attention with all the comforts of home.
- Screens with live match coverage, replays with all the details.
If you want to live your visit to Bilbao to the fullest while enjoying one of the most exciting matches of LaLiga, do not hesitate to visit some of its museums, such as the Guggenheim Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Artistic Reproductions and the Maritime Museum, all of them a must-see.
It is also a must to visit the AC Museoa, the Athletic Club Museum, which in 2023 beat its record number of visits and has more than 1,000 original objects and videos that immerse you in the essence of the red and white team.
It also offers the possibility of taking the San Mames Tour to get to know the inside of the Cathedral of football. And, in a spectacular way thanks to AC Virtual Adventure. Undoubtedly, one of the best family plans for you in Bilbao. Book your visit to the Athletic Club Museum now.
Music and Theatre
As for concerts, on Saturday 13th January, the Mockers Day with Moonshine Wagon and Doctor Explosion will take place at 20:00 in the Sala Santana 27.
Meanwhile, at the Kafe Antzokia, on Friday 12th January at 0:00 there will be a Stereorocks session entitled “Glasgow Meets Bilbao” and a performance by Jasper James.
In addition, the Arriaga Theatre will host the play “El Padre” on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
On Friday and Saturday, 12th and 13th January, the Campos Theatre will be staging a performance of the play “Vivir así es morir de amor” (To live like this is to die of love).