If you are wondering what possibilities there are to enjoy at San Mamés, the answer is: endless.Find out about some of them in this article.
When the new Athletic Club football ground was planned, it was known that it would not only play host to football matches. That is why we can now say that the possibilities that exist in San Mamés are many and varied. If you are not familiar with the wide range of possibilities offered by the San Mamés stadium, here are some of them. Take note!
What possibilities are there at San Mamés? 5 ways to enjoy a unique stadium
- The first and most obvious are the sporting events, mainly football. However, San Mamés has already hosted events in other disciplines, such as the Rugby finals.
- At San Mamés there is also a place for music, especially when it comes to rock. The old stadium had aready held a few concerts, such as the Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen, among others. The new one has not waited long either and has already been crowned the Cathedral of Rock after holding a Guns N’ Roses concert and MTV European Music Awards.
- The Athletic Club Museum is also worth visiting if you are a fan of football and the official store.
- It also has several multidisciplinary spaces for organising all kinds of events in Bilbao, from conferences, business meetings, etc.
- And finally, San Mamés will have a sports centre and 50 metre Olympic swimming pool that will be between 1.40 and 1.80 metres deep and used for top-level competition training.
As you can see there are many possibilities at San Mamés. The Cathedral is without doubt a multidisciplinary space designed to accommodate events and meetings of different kinds… and they are waiting for you!